View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Live 340 final table 3 handed
GordonBombay
Guests
October 30, 2012 - 10:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I final tabled a live event that was part of a series a couple weeks ago. It got down three handed. Luckbox terrible guy in seat one keeps getting ace king or queens and is up to about 1.4 m i have 750k and the other guy has 1.1m 

hand goes: 

10/20k blind 3k ante 

i raise the button with 66 to 50k sb folds bb shoves i ???????? 

other note. The bb has been really shovey in the last few orbits. Not to many have shown down but i think he feels if he has better than k high he is always shoving here. I was almost anticipating it during this hand.

Turbulence
Falkirk, Scotland
Showing Marc Alioto How Its Done
Members
Forum Posts: 768
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
October 31, 2012 - 7:35 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pretty sick. But I think you have to decide in advance what hands you are going with against a player like this and stick with it, what will be will be. He's obviously decided to take any post flop play out of the equation and is trying to close it out. If you go with it and win you're chip leader, lose and I presume you take a reasonable payout?

Personally I think I go for it.

aka Prophead340 aka Prophead2000 aka Turbulence_1

PocketFives Profile: .....urbulence/

GordonBombay
Guests
October 31, 2012 - 3:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

well, the winner got 12k but second and thrid were pretty close. 5.8k and 2nd was 6.7k(something close, chop for 9.8k) I did call it and hope to win a flip and probably win the tunamelt. ( i did not) but im always curious to hear if it was the right play or not.

JLUDEOBV
Balla
Members
Forum Posts: 323
October 31, 2012 - 5:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

If you think you have a significant advantage over the other two, I fold here. Even against a fairly wide range of 22+ and J10s+ we have like 48% equity. I just feel like that isn’t enough if we have a significant edge. Also if villain is piling a lot like that I just min open the button. Those 10k’s will add up fast.

P-aire 146
Showing Marc Alioto How Its Done
Members
Forum Posts: 832
October 31, 2012 - 6:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Totally agree with JLUDE.  No reason to put another 10k in pre, it is going to add up.  Depending on how the structure is, I would fold.  Opening is right, but at some point you are going to have to play back at the wacko.  He's prob getting some good hands, but not all are great………….  What series was this?

GordonBombay
Guests
October 31, 2012 - 10:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

JLUDEOBV said:

If you think you have a significant advantage over the other two, I fold here. Even against a fairly wide range of 22+ and J10s+ we have like 48% equity. I just feel like that isn't enough if we have a significant edge. Also if villain is piling a lot like that I just min open the button. Those 10k's will add up fast.

what if i have an HUGE edge over the chip leader, but the other player has outplayed me a few times already?

FkCoolers
Cambridge, Ma (Central Square)
Member Moderator
Forum Posts: 1610
November 1, 2012 - 5:28 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can't see baby pairs piling like this so I fold. We're flipping or way behind like 95% of the time and when you add chop equity there's about a $4,000 difference between 2nd and 3rd. We still have 35 bb if we fold here.

duggs
nz
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 591
November 1, 2012 - 6:39 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

folding here dont think its particularily close, if he is push/folding at 37bb eff then we can just grind him down.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
November 1, 2012 - 3:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

FkCoolers said:

I can't see baby pairs piling like this so I fold. We're flipping or way behind like 95% of the time and when you add chop equity there's about a $4,000 difference between 2nd and 3rd. We still have 35 bb if we fold here.

yup, this.

simbadlion
Home Game Champ
Members
Forum Posts: 31
November 2, 2012 - 12:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

we re flipping or dominated badly so its fold for so many bb’s;actually this is a good hand to discuss the difference between live and internet poker,,i played alot live lately and noticed that the players that play nity win actually more then they should(they are just nity not competent),so i think spots that look standard on internet,u can pass them on a live mtt right?

hammer242424
Guppy
Forum Posts: 1
November 5, 2012 - 6:27 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

so what do we do here with 88-99 and AJs- AQo? I think its closer than people think but i guess raise/fold is better than raise/calling.

StrangeFame
Toronto
Grinding Micros
Members
Forum Posts: 53
November 7, 2012 - 5:14 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

EZ fold…

no need to be opening 2.5x when 3handed.. open for min, 2.2x if you feel so inclined.
Continue opening your button. I don't know your game, but if comfortable postflop, you could even try limping some middling hands T8s/JTo/A5s ect (better option heads up or bvb imo). Keep opening, shutting down and playing fit or fold isn't the proper adjustment imo.

hammer242424 said:

so what do we do here with 88-99 and AJs- AQo? I think its closer than people think but i guess raise/fold is better than raise/calling.

Live tourneys are def played differently than online, but the game setting doesn't change the math here. We really ought to have a better idea of what range BB is shoving in these spots after playing the whole ft with him… It would be nice to know what he's doing w/JJ+ AK before deciding what to do with our AQ 88-TT holdings.  

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
22 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

Johnelwood

Bocheech21

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11990

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1